|:: Share/Savings Account
The Primary Share/Savings Account establishes your membership in KPOCU and is the starting point for all other membership benefits. Primary members (ages 18 and older) can sign up for an additional benefit of a $2,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance policy. A minimum balance of $5.00 must be maintained in this account and dividends are compounded and credited to your account each quarter for balances greater than $50.00.
KPOCU believes in the importance of savings and encourages all members to use these simple steps to jumpstart their saving habits.
- Plan it! Choose a goal - everyone needs one as motivation for their savings efforts.
- Set a plan for paying off high-interest credit cards and other debts.
- With KPOCU's help, select the savings accounts that are right for you. Regular Savings, Christmas Club, Vacation Club, IRAs, Tailored Certificates, Market Index Certificates or US Savings Bonds are all available at your credit union.
- Start saving to build your financial independence!
A savings plan can help members:
- Break the cycle of living paycheck-to-paycheck.
- Create a more secure future.
- Combat expensive check cashers and high-fee lenders.
- Reach your goals of home ownership, running a business, education, retirement, vacation and more.